Monday, March 31, 2008

School Libraries Leading Learning Conference, Sydney

This past weekend I had my first major networking opportunity when I was able to attend ASLA's School Libraries Leading Learning Conference at the Kings School, Parramatta.
Image from here.

If I were to be honest, I found it all somewhat terrifying. There were literally hundreds of teacher librarians from all around the state of New South Wales, and the majority of them were much older (which, I immediately equated with WISER) than I was.

It was very nice to finally put a face to the name of my mentor, Mary, even if I did stalk her and it took me quite the whole of the lunch break to get up the nerve to go say hello.

I was able to participate in a variety of workshops, and listen to keynote presentations by Dr. Ross Todd and John Callow.

This weekend was a bit of a whirlwind conference with the drive out to Parramatta both days and meeting so many new people. It was inspiring and exhausting thinking of all the different applications I could use in my own school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment