Friday, April 3, 2009

Graduation

Wednesday (April 1) was spent in the beautiful sunshine at Wagga Wagga's campus of Charles Sturt University. I was there to graduate from my Grad. Cert. (Teacher Librarianship) course with a group of women who had also participated in the DET Retraining Program.


Shaking hands with the Chancellor of the university, Lawrence Willett AO. He was a very friendly man, and we had a nice brief chat when we shook hands. This is the professional picture AND the picture my boyfriend took from the audience!

And this is a picture of me posing, showing off the colours of my gown to their full advantage. The different colours are representative of what course I was graduating from. We admired the puffy hats of some, but discovered that you were only able to wear those upon completion of a PHD. A looong time off into the future, let me tell you!

In the spirit of reflection, at the beginning of the day I felt a little bit silly showing up for my Grad. Cert. (TL) Graduation Day, knowing that I would (hopefully) be receiving my M. Ed. in two years time. But after the ceremony, and the dinner where graduates from the School of Information Studies got the chance to eat and catch up, I was really glad that I made the five-hour trek from Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment