Sunday, November 1, 2009

Preparing for 2010 - ASLA NSW

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to attend ASLA NSW's Preparing for 2010 workshop.

I attended some really interesting sessions:

  • A Digital Literacy Continuum - June Wall (Executive Librarian, St Ignatius College)
  • Time management tips for TLs - Terry Bruce (Professional Learning officer ASLA NSW)
  • The journey of revitalising the Secondary school library as a learning space - Ruth Buchanan (Colo High School)
  • Professional Accreditation Process for Teacher Librarians - Judith Page (Manager Corporate Services, NSW Institute of Teachers)

This was a really positive get together for networking and continuing professional development and I learned a lot of valuable tips especially about managing my time and revitalising the school library.

June Wall also gave us a lot to think about regarding digital literacy, which I think I can apply in regards to the Digital Educators course that I am just about to undertake.

No comments:

Post a Comment